Updates to the cellars and more.
My parent's first wine cellar had been out of commission since September of 2019, but we've finally got it up and running again. This cellar was completed in 2007 and while it turned out nice, it was more a a DIY cellar and as such was never insulated properly. To remedy the situation, we ripped the drywall off of the back of the cellar in the garage, added some extra studs, and sprayed everything with closed cell foam. We also replaced the uninsulated door with a custom insulated iron exterior door. You can see in the picture below the silver insulation that we originally used in conjunction with traditional pink fiberglass insulation, but the real culprit was the highest point of the cellar which was basically being exposed to hot air in the attic. The hot air mixing with the cold air in the cellar produced condensation which leaked mainly from the light fixture in the ceiling. I'm happy to report that the cellar has now been running for a few days with no issues.
In other news, my wine cellar still sits uncompleted while the wine piles up in my living room. Hopefully I will be able to make some progress on it this weekend.
Progress has however happened on several projects at my house. The bar shelves are installed and the lower cabinets and drink fridge are almost ready for the granite countertop.
I've even started the massive exterior landscaping and outdoor living project. It should take at least 2 months, but I have a feeling that it will drag on longer than that.
Leave a Reply.
I'm constantly adding new corkscrews to my collection. Any new finds as well as articles which may be of interest to corkscrew collectors will be posted here.
CorkscrewCollectors.com © 2023